Chocolate Fondue for the Holidays
Sharing a fun holiday tradition from our family to your family. Every year we love having chocolate fondue downstairs by the fireplace. A lot of people don’t know that the secret to great chocolate is a great vanilla. The two go together like peanut butter and jelly. The two flavors balance each other out to create deeper richness and a more complex flavor profile than they do just enjoyed separately. Our St. Croix Brand Pure Vanilla Extract is the secret ingredient to our fondue. It is perfect for holiday gatherings and even makes a chilly Friday night into a celebration. Open fire. Chocolate. Instant Party. It is a fun thing for families to do together. I also love how creative it is. And no matter how many times you do it. It is different every time depending on what you add as accompaniments. It is super easy to customize. Everyone can make their own chocolate-dunked creation. My favorite combo is banana slices and strawberries.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon St. Croix Brand Pure Vanilla Extract
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, banana slices, pineapple chunks and your favorite fresh fruit. Also great with cubed pound cake, wafer cookies, brownies, marshmallows, cookies and biscotti for dipping.
- First, prepare all the ingredients you will be dipping in the fondue and arrange it on a platter. The fondue prep goes fast.
- Bring whipping cream to simmer in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate chips and one tablespoon vanilla extract; whisk until mixture is combined. Transfer chocolate to fondue pot.
- Serve immediately
Recipe Note: If you don’t have a fondue pot, serve in serving dish and reheat chocolate fondue in the microwave for 15 seconds when it starts to cool and harden. Feel free to use either chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate bars. We use chocolate chips for convenience and it turns out great.